- Karnataka State Fish Cooperative Federation (KSFCF) inaguratesfirst of its kind maiden store called ‘Matsya Darshini’ at Mysore
- Aquaculture is the fastest growing species sector by tonnage with growth greater than 55 percent since 2011. Out it this, Asia was responsible for 25,6million tones.
- CIFE Balabhadrapuram , harvests L.vannamei culture in Freshwater at FWFF Balabhadrapuram.
- SRIBS Biotekno International - Launched Yebaton in Indian aquaculture market
- Global feed enzyme market to be $1.2 bln by 2018
- The research group led by Dr Lightner of University of Arizona confirmed the bacteria strain Vibrio parahaemolyticus initiated by a viral phage was the causative agent of the mysterious disease, also known as Acute Hepatopancreatic Necrosis Syndrome (AHPNS).
- Central Aquaculture Pathology Laboratory of Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Aquaculture (RGCA), Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) has becomes the first aquaculture pathology laboratory in the country accredited by National Accreditation Board For Testing & Calibration Laboratories (NABL) as per ISO/IEC 17025 : 2005.
- Ajidhaslin Dhass from Tamilnadu Fisheries University wins the 2nd Place at Regional Graduate level of Alltech Youngscientist Program
- Experts at the World Aquaculture Conference in Adelaide have unveiled a draft code for growing seafood sustainably. The new code would provide labelling, sourcing and certification benchmarks for the seafood industry, globally.
- Alltech Global Feed Survey 2019:
Annual aquaculture feed sales rise 4 percent
- 10th edition of AQUA India concludes at Kochi